links to other resources
Many events that are multiple purposed include the visual arts through a show, sale, vendor presentation or competition.
- Arts by the Sea - Swansboro, NC
- Autumn with Topsail - is held the third weekend in October in the town of Topsail Beach, NC.
- The Azalea Festival - held in Wilmington, NC during the first weekend in April
- Celebrate Hampstead Festival is held on the 2nd Saturday in May.
- Hanna Block Community Arts Center – events throughout the year – Wilmington, NC
- Muscadine Harvest Festival – Kenansville, NC
- North Carolina Blueberry Festival - Held June of each year in Burgaw, NC
- North Carolina Fourth of July Festival - Southport, NC
- North Carolina Pecan Festival - Whiteville, NC
- North Carolina Shrimp Festival - Sneads Ferry, NC
- North Carolina Strawberry Festival - Chadbourn, NC
- North Carolina Watermelon Festival in Fair Bluff, NC
- Orange Street Fair - Held spring of each year in Wilmington, NC
- Poplar Grove Plantation – multiple events throughout the year – - Wilmington, NC
- Riverfest - Held each fall in Wilmington, NC
- Seafood Blues and Jazz Festival - Pleasure Island, NC
- The Spot Festival - sponsored by the Hampstead Fire Department and held at Topsail High School during the last weekend in September.
- Southern Coastal Bluegrass Festival – fall of each year – Kure Beach, NC
- Sun Fest - sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Topsail Island and held at the Soundside Park.
- Swansboro Mullet Festival – Swansboro, NC
The vast majority of artists in the region work out of a private studio that is rented or part of their home. You should always contact the artist if you want to visit them. The internet is a logical starting point for contact as many now have virtual galleries and private websites. Also for the immediate Wilmington area, www.creativewilmington.com is a good starting point.
For students in general, their studio is the educational setting. See educational listings in this website or on the internet in general. Some teachers and professors use their school setting as a studio but most have a private space as well.
Some artists have a combination studio, educational center and/or commercial site. Examples include:
- Art of the Craft - Wilmington, NC
- Creations by Justine - Wilmington, NC
- Fat Cat Pottery - Wilmington, NC
- Mary’s Gone Wild - Holden Beach, NC
- Paddlewheel Stained Glass - Wilmington, NC
- Pancoe Education Center - Wilmington, NC
- RDG Designs and Glassblowing Center - Wilmington, NC
There are two cooperative/rental artists studio centers in Wilmington.
- Acme Art- Wilmington, NC
- Independent Art Company - Wilmington, NC
You can find a large set of studio images without attribution to the artists or to exact locations from the Wilmington Area here.